Please review the following timeline of events concerning the replacement home received by Ross Wilson to see what I mean.
August 28, 2014 - Cherokee citizen spoke with Baker about Wilson's situation. ~ Baker was aware and said Wilson was approved for $5000 in Emergency Repair help.
September 18, 2014 - Our Moral Test was published in this blog.
September 26, 2014 -
- FINALLY the Emergency repairs were started on Wilson's trailer. The pipes were fixed and the roof repairs were scheduled to start.
- Dead Birds Leave Stain on the Cherokee Nation published in this blog.
- Cherokee Citizen, Michael Moore, requested investigation of Baker's participation in the pigeon shoot.
- Kalyn Free sent a message to a person employed by the Cherokee Nation asking them to get Wilson's contact info, apparently from me, because she included a link to my blog post, Our Moral Test, in that message. The person she contacted sent me a screen print of her message to them along with the statement, "Kalyn is involved. It'll get done now." *
- My response was that the water was fixed and the roof repairs were scheduled which makes it obvious the repairs had already been started.
September 30, 2014 -
- I, along with two other Cherokee women, spoke at a press conference denouncing the chief's participation in the pigeon shoot.
- Several hours after the press conference, Wilson was notified that he was getting a brand new trailer and contacted me.
- I notified the Cherokee Nation employee above that Wilson was getting a new trailer.
- A few hours later, the same Cherokee Nation employee posted on Facebook, saying they had just confirmed that Ross Wilson was getting a brand new trailer and that employee was praising Baker for it, suggesting we should all be happy that we have a chief that listens to the people and helps those in desperate need. (Worth a mention - this same employee who praised Baker was desperately trying to make sure their contract working for the nation got renewed at this time.)
- Why does Kalyn Free have to get involved in order for things to get done?
- Is Kalyn Free actually the one doing the job as chief while Baker is just a figurehead?
- Is it Kalyn Free's job to do damage control for the current administration, in essence, is she being paid to distract us or hide things from us so we can't really see what is going on?
- Baker said Wilson didn't qualify for a replacement home, so why after Free got involved, did Wilson suddenly qualify for and get a replacement home?
So many questions, so few answers. As nice as it would be to know the answers to these questions, because of changes to our Freedom of Information Act law, we can't get these answers. Free's contract is hidden behind the "wall" of the CNB. What exactly does Free do for the nation? Why does Baker hide it from us? What do Free and Baker have to fear by sharing her contract and salary with us? The inquiring minds of the Cherokee voters want to know..................
Those are my thoughts for today.
Thanks for reading.
*The screen print from Free will be shared in a following post.
copyright 2015, Polly's Granddaughter - TCBTweet